SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help replacing lower track

A handy person from NYC says:
Hey there, I need help with products, I need to replace my lower tracks, mirrored doors keep sliding off the track, can I replace just the track with out replacing the rollers?

The actual roller has a stamp which reads ACMC 4011, US PAT 3,058,173, PAT. CAN 1963

And the case back of the roller which clamps onto the sliding door reads, US PAT 3750337, 4012
User submitted photos of mirror closet door hardware.
The measurements to my current track is 8 feet long

The width of the actual roller ball is 7/16" of an inch, almost a half inch

The width of the mirrored sliding door is 3/4" of an inch

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure, you can replace the tracks without replacing the rollers. Based on your pictures, I recommend looking at our 23-243 and seeing how well it matches your current track.
Now my current track is twisted, the corners are bent going up, That's why the rollers keep slipping off the track. is it because my current sliding doors are to heavy and The current rollers are not strong enough to hold the weight?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The weight of the doors can cause damage to the track, yes. Is the original track mounted on a solid surface or is it installed on top of the rug? It should be on a solid surface screwed down.

All that said, I don't think your rollers are causing the problem. They are ball bearing wheels, which work very well with heavy doors.
Okay, yes my current track is down on a flat surface, the track that you are offering does it come with screws to hold track in place?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid not, but if you cannot re-use your old screws you should be able to find what you need at a local hardware store.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)