Help to identify parts required for window coil balance repair

A home owner from Boston, MA says:
I would appreciate your help confirming the parts I need to repair one broken window coil balance. Please refer to Photos #35 and #36 - these are the side that is NOT broken. Then, refer to photos #34 and #32 - these are photos of the broken coil balance. As you can see, there is one coil up at the top "bumper" piece and then, another coil on top of the bottom coil balance support. Still trying to figure out how these coils popped out, as the bottom coil balance support box still seems to be intact. The only identifier I have is a patent # 5,353,548 (which you answered on a previous post). And, calculated the weight at 3.61.

From other posts and info you provided on your site, I have determined the following replacement parts are needed: 15-087 (Q:1), 15-086 (Q:1) and S180-4 (Q: 2??). Could you kindly confirm these parts are correct? Also, any idea where these coils popped out from? Thanks very much.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 15-086 and 15-087 look great. You also correctly picked the Series 180 coil springs. Before ordering the coil springs, though, just see what number is printed on the end of the coil that hooks to 16-024 mounting bracket. The coils are out of their housings because they broke along the travel lane in the window.
Thanks very much for the confirmation of required parts. I am seeing what looks like 2 coils - one on the top near the mounting bracket and one on the bottom. Is this one coil that has snapped into two pieces or are there 2 separate coils? Please advise.
Sorry - one more question. Could you please review the pictures and advise if I need a 15-086 tandem coil housing part? Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's difficult to tell while the hardware is still installed. Looking carefully at your photos, I actually don't see the 15-086. You might just have one coil on each side, nested in the 15-087 shoe. When the coil broke outside the housing, it gives the appearance of having two coils on each side. These springs are weird like that.

Either way, you might just need the coil springs, if the coil housing pivot isn't cracked. The housing does come apart when removed from the window to allow you to install a new coil spring. I think your next step is to remove this hardware from the window to confirm exactly what you need.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.