SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help with Identification

A quick learner from Jacksonville, Florida says:
Length = 29 inches. Stamped "28D" on metal. Appears to me that the top is 19-005 and the shoe is 15-005. But with them broken or attached, I have a hard time telling the difference.

Also I have many broken on diffeent windows; windows are all the same height bu different widths. Is it bad to assume rhat they're all the same or should I remove each one?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The one you described sounds like our S380-29, however you should check all the windows. They may not necessarily be the same from window to window, or even from top sash to bottom sash.
A quick learner says:
Thank you! Parts received were perfect replacements and only took about 5 minutes per window. In my case the sash guides were broken, which I believe led to the problems. These should be recommended for replacements to all buyers. I will be ordering more and helping my neighbors with the same problems. :)
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This is great news. Let me know if you need anything else, we would be more than happy to assist you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)