SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help with an odd size

A quick learner from San Jose, CA says:
Hi, I need to replace what looks like a Legacy Keyed Handle. My current handle is 3-15/16" BUT it's a solid 2" thick. Please see attached photos. I'm looking for something in oil rubbed bronze. Thank you!!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
This looks like our 82-075 handle set, however I'm afraid we don't have it in oil rubbed bronze.

Now, this is meant for 1-5/8" thick doors, as well, so I'm not sure the tail piece on the inside thumb turn or key cylinder is going to be long enough to meet the thickness of your door. What is the exact length of your current tail piece, as it is likely cut to the proper size? There's a chance that the 82-075's is long enough, as long as it isn't cut too far.
A professional from California says:
According to the measurement on 82-074 the tail is 3/4". Your picture looks like that would put it barely scraping the mortise. You may want to double check that. Dave can verify if 82-075 is the same. 82-106 is 13/16". Not much better. 82-069 is likely the same as 82-106.
A home owner from San Jose, CA says:
As requested, I took the handle apart. Attached are photos of the screws next to a tape measure. The screws are 2" long and the casing they screw into is 1" long. The little do-dad that turns the lock is 1-1/4". HOPE YOU CAN HELP!!! :)
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional images. I'm afraid we don't have a type of handle in this style with that 1-1/4" turn lever. We do carry two handles, the 82-020 and 82-033, which can take the longer 82-231 turn lever. These may be an applicable substitute. Take a look at them and see what you think. You most likely will need to go to a local hardware store to get the correct size screws.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)