SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help with an old window crank

A quick learner from Glenview, IL says:

In our new house, we have 2 casement operators that we can't identify (one right-hand, one left-hand). The operators themselves are fine, but we want to replace the crank handle and covers, since they're starting to get ratty.

We SUSPECT they are Truth Hardware, since most of the other doors in the house are Truth, but we don't have any visible markings. They're also looking like they will be difficult to remove (painted over several times), so we'd prefer not to rip them out to check for part numbers unless we've got a plausible replacement lined up.

As per the photos, the covers are 4" wide, with an offset crank, rectangular cross-section, and are secured with a single large screw from the top. A perusal of Truth's site doesn't turn up anything like this. The Truth Maxim series appears closest (since it has an offset crank), but is more than an inch wider and also has a different profile. So we're not sure if this is maybe a discontinued Truth product, or if maybe this isn't a Truth product after all.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what this is and where I might find the replacement parts we're looking for.

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Mike. Unfortunately, you won't be able to replace these covers. This kind of Truth operator cover is built into the operator itself and cannot be replaced. Your only option would be to replace the operator itself. We can help with that, but I would need to see it removed from the window so that we can determine what you have. Let me know!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)