SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help with balance

A quick learner from Costa Mesa, California says:
Hi, I sent you a video message over a year ago and never received a response. I decided it's time to tackle my two broken windows. A local window repair shop recommended I try to fix it myself before having them repair the windows. He said it's a simple fix and it will be easy for me to repair. When I open the window, the sidebar slides up with the window. I took off the side rail and the number stamped on the rail don't match your numbers when I clicked on the 1/2 width rails. The number printed on the rail is 27 3 and smaller numbers next the other numbers are 851 or B51 and the letters MS. The side rail is 1/2 inch in width and 28 inches in length. Please let me know which number I need for a replacement. I haven't taken the second window apart yet. I may have the same problem. It's a different size window. Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to making a purchase soon!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Are you referring to your old discussion here? It looks like we responded not long after. Like we mentioned there, the stamp number on your balance is not an identification number. All it tells you is how strong the balance is. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)