Help with parts.

A handy person from rolling meadows, IL says:
I have a client who has 4 96" steel bifold closet doors, 41 years old in good condition, but missing all the hardware except for floor brackets and 2 original top tracks, I was wondering if you can tell me if you have the 8 top pins, springs and hardware( 4 pivoting, 4 guiding brackets) and the 4 bottom pins and springs, I will send a separate email with pictures perhaps you could supply a parts list. thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I have received your pictures, but I cannot clearly make out your hardware. I am assuming the door accepts 1/4" thick pins, but I'm not sure. If I'm right, I would suggest new complete tracks for both the top and bottom, like our 21-404. With that, you will also need one 21-002 bottom threaded pivot pin and three 21-044 guide pins per door. The tracks come with pivot brackets, but you will also need rubber bumpers, our 21-277. What do you think?
A handy person from rolling meadows says:
these are pretty heavy doors, all metal, so I would guess the pivot pins need to have heavy springs. you suggested new tracks for above . no problem but below? before they just had l brackets ( 4, one for each door) the holes in the metal doors are 1/4 inch, some have nylon grommets some don't? how many nylon pieces do I need ie: 2 for each pivot pin ?one for each top guide pin that rides in the track?

thank you in advance?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Metal bifold doors like yours would not take a heavier spring than normal. The pressure is on the bottom and top threaded pivot pins. The guide pins just keep the door in the track. I would install both top and bottom tracks to keep the door operating properly. As for the nylon grommets, it appears from your prior photos you should use two for each guide pin.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.