SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help with sliding door replacement parts

A quick learner from Reston, Va says:
Door is 1 5/8 thick. Will buy what you say. Have other photos if it will help. Thank you for your time and help.
James
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. It's hard for me to make out the dimensions based on these images. I can't really get anything exact with just a tape measurer. Can you tell me the distance between the screw holes for where the handle would go and for where the inside lock would go?
A quick learner from Reston says:
Screw holes for handle are about 3 7/8 center to center; very close to 4". The two holes for the lock on the handle are right at 1 1/2". Thx for your help

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! For the handle, I think you should consider our 82-031, 82-035, or even our 82-069, just to name a couple. Do you think you could use these?

As for the lock, I think you may be measuring something else. Just by eyeballing the images above, I can tell the inside mortise lock hole spacing is more than 1-1/2". This would be the part that goes in the hole featured in your third, fourth, and fifth images above. The original may have looked something like our 82-218.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)