SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Hex handle for skylight

A quick learner from Beverly, MA says:
We are missing some crank handles for our Velux roof windows. They need a crank that is hex shaped, 1/2 inch on the inside and 3/4 when measuring the outside of the crank. 39-224 says it is 5/16", not sure what this measurement is for, inside or outside?

The hardware store thinks this Velux window was retrofitted with aftermarket hardware as Velux is generally not Hex shaped. Thanks, Amy
User submitted a photo of a skylight operator handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter, Amy. We're still researching this handle, but need a bit more information. Could I see a few pictures of the operator itself? I would especially need to see the operator bore. Thank you!
A quick learner from Beverly, MA says:
I am attaching a picture of the bore, hope this helps! The skylight is an older Velux roof window.

Thanks, Amy
User submitted photos of a window operator.
A home owner from Maine says:
I need the exact handle the person is holding in the photo. My Velux skylight operator has a male 1/2 hex which has a female hook with set screw fastened to it. I want to replace the hook with a handle since the skylight is easily reached by hand.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you,

Ted
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Ted, Yes, we can still supply this handle! I will post here again as soon as they are online for you.
A home owner from Maine says:
Thank you Donna. The posted operator with the hex is exactly what I have. So how do I order one of these hex handles?
Profile picture of Donna
As soon as the handles are available we will post again.
Profile picture of Donna
Please see new SWISCO product code 39-555, Handle With Adapter for Velux Operator.
A quick learner from oregon says:
I need a hook that will attach to this style of hex to use a pole with hook to open skylight that customer cant reach
Profile picture of Donna
Hi quick learner from Oregon, Take a look at part number 39-551, Velux Skylight Operator Hook.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)