SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Hinge for Pella casement window

A handy person says:

My house has older windows ca 1980. A couple of parts on the window are marked with Pella logo.

I'm looking for the hinge to replace on one of the windows. It looks like the 39-395 but does not have the horizontal arm in the picture. It's basically the diagonal part in the picture, about 4 inches long.

Do you have something like that?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if we have that. Do you think the horizontal part is still installed on your window and the diagonal part simply broke off?
A handy person says:
Not likely. Here's a picture of the assembly. The bad part is the right hinge, which you can't see here because it's on the bottom.

I don't have the history of these windows, but I assumed they are Pella windows. Any ideas?
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The diagonal arm in this picture would be the horizontal arm in our picture. Although, I still can't say for sure if our hardware is what you have. Could I see a few pictures of the hinge assembly removed from the window?
A handy person says:
I took the window out and turned it upside down.

All my windows are like this and as you can see the hinge is twisted and bent.

The dimensions don't match up with 39-395, but I wonder if I can just drill new holes and install it.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This looks more like our 39-397 and 39-396, in terms of dimensions. Check it out and see if that would be a better fit.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)