SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Hinge for a Craradco casement windows

A home owner from south carolina says:
The upper casement window hinge for a carad SSB 2 73 sigma 114 is broken and rusted out. The window has a 9 1/2 " crank operator, but the upper hinge has broken for a left hand (hinge is on left when inside the room facing).
User submitted picture of window crank hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Are you just looking for the hinge, or do you need a new operator as well? For the hinge, please see our 36-013-10 2-bar hinge set and compare it to your own hardware. As for the operator, see our 39-027E window crank, which also has a 9-1/2" arm.
A quick learner from Georgetown, SC says:
Dave. The top hinge worked perfectly and is now installed. The window crank is another challenge. Can the bottom sash be removed entirely from the inside? The reason I ask is the difficult position of the window high up on steps. Also, any tips on removal of the wooden bottom sash. The window crank is definitely the correct size. Thanks Sam
Profile picture of Dave
The sash must be removed from the outside of the house, though if you wanted to, you can try to do it standing inside the house by leaning out the window. I suggest you get help holding it while someone else disconnects the the hardware from the sash. After the sash is disconnected, keep in mind that the sash may be heavy. Be careful that you don't drop it out of your hands!
A quick learner from Georgetown, SC says:
Got it done yesterday. Thanks, so much. Now we can open our bathroom window with the operator crank.
Profile picture of Dave
I'm glad to hear it! I was happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)