SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Hinges for my cabinet

A quick learner from Ames, IA says:
I need hinges to attach 3/4 doors to a 3/4 inch face frame for a hanging cabinet set that I am making. What hinge would you suggest. Thanks. I really appreciate your site. I have used Swisco hardware to maintain my home.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Older model cabinet hinges are hard to come by since cabinet makers are always trying to find hardware which is easier and quicker to install. We do have one that might work on your cabinet, which is our 32-103. The color might not be what you are looking for but take a look and see if what you think.

There's another solution you could consider, though. You see, I had trouble finding the exact hinges when redoing my kitchen cabinets at home, too. I even checked with the manufacturer who made the hardware, but they said the hinges were no longer available. What I did was to repair the broken hinges and soak them in ammonia to clean them up. After they were cleaned I clear coated them with a spray Lacquer/polyurethane.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)