SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Hole stripped for installing 84-088

A home owner from Wausau says:
Hi, I found my rollers on your site, 84-088 spring loaded rollers LH and RH (my screen door is around 25 years old (Kolbe and Kolbe). My question is where the roller is screwed into the metal the hole is stripped, if I purchase new rollers how do I secure them into the metal if the hole is "stripped" ? The aluminum is obviously thin on the door (its how they are built), I won't be able to use a larger screw as the hole on the roller itself will not be able to accommodate a larger diameter screw. Is there something to place either inside or outside of the screen door aluminum in order for the screw to grab/bite/hold? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.Susan
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Go to your nearest hardware store with the wheel and buy a screw and nut that will pass through the wheel housing hole, and is also long enough to use the nut. With a little super glue on the nut, place it inside behind the screw hole opening. Let it dry, then install your new wheel with the threaded screw. That may fix your problem.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)