Holes for installing lock keepers are worn out

A quick learner from Evansville, IN says:
I have vertical metal windows and need to replace the lock keepers. The repair firm tells me that the holes for the lock keeper are worn-out and cannot be fixed. Could I put a bigger or smaller lock keeper in and simply drill new holes? Or, is there some other method to handle this type of issue?

thanks,

Bob
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Bob, we will try our best to find a solution! To better serve you may we see a picture or two of your setup now so that we can get a good idea of what you're working with? Thanks!
A quick learner from Indiana says:
Window Company said the lock keepers cannot be secured to the window due to corrosion of the screw holes. Surely, there is a solution that would work to secure the windows (with or without the lock keepers). Your thoughts????

Bob
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I'm afraid I'm not sure what the solution is, either. If the corrosion is so bad that a new lock won't take then your options are limited. I have one thought, though. Take a look at our 26-387 vent lock kit. A vent lock is a device used to prevent the window from being opened to a limited degree, specifically to keep intruders out. See the video below for more information on how it works.
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.