SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Holes on the 26-040

A quick learner from Belmar says:
I notice the 26-040 has one hole in it. I had thought I needed the 26-083 because it had two holes, but the screws for the 26-083 are much smaller then the original screw holes it needs to go in, so I'm thinking maybe I need the 26-040 now. The only thing is the picture shows one screw hole. Do you have to drill the other? Also is that screw wider than the 33-074 Phillips Pan 6-32?

Thanks very much,
Paul
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Are you using two screws on your pivot bar or just one? It's easier to drill the existing holes to a larger size and much harder to drill new holes, since the tilt bars are made of steel. Before you do anything, I think I'd like to see a photo of your existing pivot bar with dimensions. This would give us a better idea of what you're working with and what can be used as a replacement.

The 33-074 is a self drilling screw that is interchangeable with the 26-040 screw.
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Thanks Paul for getting back to me. The photo is from the only decent non rusted shoe.

It's actually 3" long. From tip to center of first screw is 1.5 inches. From tip to center of second screw is 2 and 1/8 inches. The space between screws is 5/8th. The width and height of bar are 5/16 and 3/16 which is identical to the 26-083.

I figure that 7/8 at the end was irrelevant and I could just use the front 2.5 of it into the pivot shoe, because I did not see another possibility, but it looks like the holes now would be misaligned anyway. So looks like the problem is the screw holes. The 26-040 would be OK in length Height and Width, but that one screw hole is in the wrong place too and doesn't line up. any other possibility?

Thanks very much,
Paul
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for the additional information! We have found a possible replacement, but it is not currently available. We hope to have it soon and I will let you know the moment we do!
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
That's great, thanks so much Paul. Please do let me know as soon as you get them. It's much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Paul
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for your patience. Please see new SWISCO product code 26-089, pivot bar.
A quick learner from new jersey says:
Hi Paul, thanks so much! And thanks so much for remembering to get back to me, that is awesome and so are you and everyone else at Swisco with all the help you give and the parts you provide to people like us who couldn't afford to hire someone or buy new windows! This looks like an exact match and solves the last piece of the puzzle for my porch windows. Once this is done it's on to tackle the 6 broken interior windows! It wll be nice to open the windows again and throw out the sticks!

Thanks again!
Sincerely
Paul
Profile picture of Paul
It was my pleasure! If you need anything else, feel free to ask. We will try our best to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)