SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How To install Plunger Top Pull Pins

A handy person from Chicago, IL says:
I am replacing broken spring plunger type clips on my solar screen. I know those must be spring plunger because the old ones have spring. I believe I need the clip type because the old ones have a small plastic flap that goes into the window frame. Do you have a video or pictures that show how to install Flip Top Pull Pins Assembly?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Are you looking to install a plunger pin, or a flip-top pin? They are two different types of pins. If you aren't sure, please submit a few pictures of what you have so that we can look at it and identify what you have.

In the meantime, please see our video on how to install plunger pins.

A home owner from Chicago, IL says:
I took 3 pictures of the broken clips that I want to replace.

Picture0.jpg - 2 plungers in close-up
Picture1.jpg - 2 plungers in normal shot
Picture2.jpg - 1 still working plunger at the screen

The plunger with cap on is about 1 5/8 inch. I hope these pictures help. Thank you!
A customer submitted photo of a plunger pin.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! That is a very peculiar pin! I do not think we have anything quite like it. However, please see our 70-076 storm door insert clip. Do you think you might be able to use that as a substitute? If not, do you think our 70-136 flip top pull pin assembly might work?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)