SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How can I prevent my casement window from collecting water?

A home owner from France says:

There is water that enters the bottom panel of my window casement .
I noticed that the closing mechanism is a play Truth 40941A
Truth and 31402A .

What should I do to correct the problem .

Should I change the parts or should be done to adjustments to solve the problem ??

Thank you for your cooperation.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
My first thought is that the window could have been installed out of square and is not closing properly, which would allow water to seep in. It could also be that your operators and the locks are worn and not closing the window tightly.

There's a good way to figure out which possibility it is. First, remove your operators from the window and try to manually close it. See if it closes all the way and seals. If so, then the operators will need to be replaced. Show me a couple pictures of them removed and we can identify a good match.
A home owner from France says:
In the picture 4, water enters between the door panel and the frame at the bottom of the window. What should we do to correct the problem ?

Is it an adjustment problem or does it change parts ?

Currently the window opens and closes normally normal.
The infiltration problem occurs only when wet and there is plenty of water on the glass.

Thank you waiting for a response.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if this will help, but see if you can try replacing the bottom weather stripping on the sash and frame with one that is thicker. To be honest, I'm not sure if anything will help. I don't believe you can seal these windows from excessive water infiltration. Does the exterior sill fill up with water against the window, and does it flow underneath the sash? Check with a mason to see if they can add a thin layer of cement and shed the water away from the window. That might help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)