SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How do I install take-out clips

A home owner from Bridgewater, NJ says:
I feel like an idiot writing to ask about this, but I cannot figure out how to install these take-out clips to replace some that I broke during some recent channel balance replacements.

No matter how I try to put them in, I can't seem to get both the top and bottom to go in place.

Can you give me some instructions?

Should the top go in first? The bottom? Is there some special tool needed?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The way I do it is to put the lower loop in first, then push in the top half. You might need a small screw driver to help push in the top. Let me know if you get stuck.
A home owner from Fort Worth, Texas says:
I need to replace a broken Channel Balance. Inside my window frame I see two holes close to the top of the frame. I assume this is where to install the take-out clips on both sides of the frame. Is the spacing between these holes standard to accept any take-out clip?(16-002) These are aluminum single hung non-tilt windows built in the mid-80's. Not sure of the manufacturer.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To install the 16-002 Take Out Clip, first drop in the long U-shape lip into the bottom hole, then swing up and snap in the top lip into the top hole. Please note that once it is in, it is locked in and won't come out without braking it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)