How do I install the weather stripping

A home owner from Richmond va says:
I called Pella because the weatherstripping on my exterior door had failed. They sent me 4 lengths of pushin bulb weather strip but I have NO idea how to remove the old stuff or put in the new stuff. Can any one point me to directions? It's currently 15 degrees outside so I don't want to just rip it out until I know how to replace it.
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I see you were looking at our 58-181. Is that the same type you're dealing with now? If so, I believe it just pushes in and pulls out. If it's not as easy as that, check to make sure it isn't nailed in at any point.

If that's not what you have, or if you aren't sure, show us a couple pictures of your current seal so that we can get a better idea of what's needed.
A home owner from Richmond VA says:
Tom - thanks for the reply. Attached are some pictures of the door in question as well a picture of the weather seal that Pella sent me. The door was installed by the previous homeowner. I have her original sales agreement and with that, Pella was able to find the order and identify what was installed. The product type is listed as Designer Series In-Swing Patio Doors.
In looking at the door, I don't see anything that makes me think I can simply pull out the old and pop in the new. I wonder if Pella sent the wrong thing?
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Tom is right, this type of weather stripping should just push in. The kerf at the bottom of the base has locking teeth that should hold it in place. Not sure if you got the wrong type or not, I can't quite tell what you have on the door right now. If Pella sent it, though, I can't imagine they mistook their own seal.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.