How do I just replace the wheel and Its plastic casing?

A quick learner from Chicago says:
The plastic part holding the wheel in broke off. If I need to replace the whole piece, how do I get it off the door? It is not screwed on, just held in place by all the metal prongs. I can't figure out how to remove it to replace it.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
First, you'll need to remove the door and place it on a flat and stable surface. Then, you will need to work out the 23-199 with a pair of pliers. There's no real trick to it. These just hook in, so you'll have to patiently but firmly wiggle it out.
A professional from CA says:
Or, reach inside with a screwdriver and push the tab to the center of the slot and it should slide out.
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.