SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How do I remove my Pella patio screen door?

A handy person says:
Your video is helpful for replacing the rollers, but How do I get the screen door out. It is about 30 years old and has 2 set screws on the bottom of door. I've removed the screws, but the rollers still don't release from the track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I hope I can help you! I believe that there should be three or four sets of screws in the top of the track. These have to be loosened up to allow the track to separate so that you can remove the door. You may also want to try to loosening up the rollers.
A home owner from NC says:
I want to remove the screen door. I see 2 set screws at bottom and several set screws in top of track. However, the left end of the top track appears to envelop a piece of molding, see pic. Looks like top track will not come loose without removing the molding which I don't want to do.
User submitted a photo of a patio door track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to make out details in your picture, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary. You shouldn't have to remove anything to take the door out, though. You'll have to adjust both the top and bottom rollers into the door. Then you should be able to use a flat chisel to lift the door off the bottom rail.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)