SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How do you install the 10-556 Knob Assembly?

A quick learner from Ladies bathroom says:
I am trying to replace the knob assembly your part # 10-556 on a bathroom door. Do you have some directions on how to install the replacement knob. Looking at the part it appears that the knob presses into the door, but I am not exactly sure how to go about this process.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
A. Insert male knob on inside of door
B. Insert female knob on outside of door
C. Press both knobs together until retaining ring *clicks* into groove

Removal: To remove the latch, drill a 3/8" diameter hole through center of female knob 5/8" deep. Pull knob set apart.

Do not press the knobs together prior to installation.
A quick learner from Womens bathroom says:
Hello Mike,

I have tried to press the male knob on to the latch handle, but I cannot get enough force between the male knob and the latch handle. It seems I need the door laying on a flat surface to install the latch.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Try to use a hard rubber mallet while securing the opposite side with a small block of wood. You will need a quick tap to install these handles.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Here's a helpful tutorial video on the installation of the Swisco 10-556 Knob Assembly:

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)