How does 26-147 work?

A home owner from USA says:
How does part 26-147 work? I bought a house last year that has several double hung windows. The only way I can "lock" the windows is to slam down the bottom part. A couple of windows no long "catch". What is the proper way to latch the window? Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Based on what you've described, I don't think the 26-147 is for you. In your case, remove both the and bottom sashes and examine the interlocks between the two. Sometimes one or the other interlock is either bent or dirt has built up to make the two sashes fail to mesh, which in turn causes the locks to not work properly. Also be sure to check your sill for any blockage that could cause the sashes to not mesh.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.