SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How is this latch installed?

A quick learner says:
How do I install this (91-001 & 91-002)? the old ones are gone.

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Turn the window sash upside down where the handle section is facing you. You will see a small cut out on the bottom of the handle. This cut out is for the retainer clip which holds the spring (see 91-003M) to latch onto. Next slide the 91-001 or the 91-002 (depending on if you are working on the left or right side) half way into the handle section of the sash. Next, lay in the 91-003 spring with the retainer clip point facing up and toward the finger hole in the latch. Now slide in the latch slowly taking care to see that the retainer clip snaps into the small cut out in the bottom of the sash handle. Test the out the window sash to make sure your repairs are working properly.
A home owner from Stow, MA says:
Thanks so much! I finally ordered the parts; they arrived a few days later and I very easily installed the replacement parts based on the clear instructions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)