How to determine spline size without old spline

A handy person from Maryland says:
Hi Guys,

I've got an old sliding patio screen door that needs the screen replaced. The spine in the door now is not the original, and is too small to properly hold the old screen. I replaced the screen and spline years ago and matched up the original spline to what was at the hardware store. I think I bought a replacement spline that was too small, as the screen has come out a few times over the years.

I've looked all over the internet to find how to determine the correct spine size........but every article says to just bring the old spline with you to the hardware store. But what if you don't have the old spine (or it's the wrong size)? The grove the screen and spline will sit in looks to measure 0.20 inches, but a closer look shows that one side of the channel actually expands once past the initial lip and is 0.33 inches. From the side the channel would look like an "L" more than a trench with parallel walls (I've attached a pic of the corner). There is no label on the door, but the sliding lock has a P over D logo on it.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. It is unfortunately very difficult to identify the correct spline if you don't have the original to work with. However, based on this picture and your information, I suspect you have a Peachtree patio screen door. If I'm right, I would suggest looking at our 59-241 flat screen spline. Keep in mind I believe you can only use fiberglass wire with this spline. Let us know if you have further questions. 

How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.