SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How to find the right Channel balance to purchase

A home owner from Houston says:
Dear sir:

I am replacing the broken channel balance of the series 710 window H-R30-48x83 window. The length of the channel (steel part only) is measured 28". The width is measured 9/16", but I understand this means a 1/2" channel width. It is stamped with the following letters & numbers: 27 4 FW CMC 10.I would like to know the right channel balances I should buy from you. Included please found 4 photos. Two of them show the shapes of the plastic head and foot individually. The other two show the steel channel balance body which one photo also show the shape of the spring. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ron
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ron! I'm afraid you only uploaded one image, which only shoes the top attachment. Can I see a couple of the shoe, as well?

Alternatively, you can simply look through our Selection of 1/2" Wide Non-Tilt Window Channel Balances and see if anything here would be a good match.
Tom:

I am sending the other 3 to you.

Ron
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Thank you. I can tell the top attachment on your balance is our 19-005, but I cannot tell for certain what the bottom attachment is. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of <a href='http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-001'>15-001</a> & 15-002
Dear Tom:

Although the shape of my channel balance shoe is different from both of the shoes you demonstrated, the dimensions are similar to 15-001, that is the depth is 1 1/8", Please see the attached shoe photo. Also, I attach the photo for the top with all the dimensions marked as possible.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

Ron
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Ron. I'm afraid your images didn't go through. However, assuming your measurements are correct and that you have the 15-001 shoe, check out S395-28 with the 2740 option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)