How to install 70-219 plunger pin

A home owner from Middletown, NY says:
How do I install this item in a newly made aluminum screen frame?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Check out our video below. I think this should give you a good idea of what's necessary. The video features a different kind of pin, but the principle is the same.
A quick learner from Middletown NY says:
Thank you for taking the time to send me the video. It was helpful, but due to the differences between the pins I purchased and the one in the video, I am left with some questions. Does the wide part of the bullet (near the point) go inside the hollow frame or outside? What size hole needs to be drilled into the outside of the frame to accommodate the pointed end of the bullet? Thanks!!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you look at 70-219 nylon pin, you will see a 7/32" collar behind the pointed end; this is the size hole your what you want on the outside screen frame end. That will let the pin retract all the way in to let the screen clear through the window frame. You can use a step down drill bit like our 75-503 to drill the 1/8" hole through the screen frame, then use a 7/32" drill behind it to make the larger outside hole in the frame.
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.