How to install double hook mortise lock.

A quick learner from North Wales, PA says:
I have just received the replacement double hook mortise lock (82-238). I saw your single hook video on installation. Do you have a video to help me install the double hook? Or can you send me an email with instructions? I had hoped that these would have come with the part. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The method of installing a single hook mortise like our 82-218 and installing a double hook mortise like our 82-238 don't really differ all that much. It's more or less the same procedure. You just remove the inside and outside handles from the door, remove the old mortise lock, screw the new mortise lock in its place, and then put the handle back on. Can you specify where you're having trouble?
A professional from CA says:
The most important question here is:
Is this an exact replacement part? If so, should be super simple. If not exact, it may not be possible.
A home owner from North Wales, PA says:
There is no turning mechanism to release the lock! How do I get this "double hook" to come out so that I can hold it with the pliers?

Second: how is the locking lever supposed to be placed?
Profile picture of Tom
The turning mechanism is the square hole you see going through the lock in the center. The locking lever also goes through this hole.

As our friend from California mentioned, it could be that the 82-238 is simply not the correct replacement part. Is it identical to what you took out of your door? If not, show us a few pictures of the original part and we can try to find a replacement.
The replacement part is identical.
When I see the video of the single hook, the hook comes out easily (to hold with the pliers.) How do I get the double hooks to come out so that I can hold it with pliers in order to place it inside the door?
Profile picture of Tom
You will need to turn the square hole I mentioned with a screwdriver, just like how we show turning the slot in the 82-218 with a screwdriver. It functions the same exact way, the hole is just a different shape to accommodate a different style spindle.
Thank you, I will get back to you if I need more help.
Have a great week.
A professional from CA says:
You have to push in the nub between the 2 hooks. This allows the lock to function. It is meant to stop the hooks from breaking if they stick out when the door is slammed.
A quick learner from North Wales, PA says:
I got it installed. Thank you for your patience.
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.