SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How to order correct Kinco Window balance?

A quick learner from Glen St. Mary Fl says:
I need to order Series 380 1/2 inch channel balances all but one would be 29 inches long & one 17 inches long (this one has 1620 stamped on it)
My three windows each weight is a different amount
1. weight is 35 lbs stamped on it is 2840 but it will not lift up window
2. weight is 16 lbs stamped on it is 28 6 jo caldwell
3. weight is 14 lbs stamped on it is 2820
My house was built in 1970 and has Kinco Windows I ordered these 2840 from your company about two years ago but when you raise up the window it falls back down. The problem is #1 how do I get correct one's?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
  1. 29" Series 380 for a 35 pound sash, choose 2860 stamp option.
  2. 29" Series 380 has two options for a 16 pound sash:
    • Stamp option 2820 will carry a window sash weight range of 12 through and including 16 pounds
    • Stamp option 2830 will carry a window sash weight range of 16 through and including 23 pounds
  3. 29" Series 380 for a 14 pound sash, choose 2820 stamp option.
The 17" Series 380 with stamp option 1620 will carry a window sash weight range of 8 through and including 12 pounds.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A quick learner from Glen St Mary, FL says:
Donna, you have been a valuable source of info on my old Kinco windows. The many times I purchased replacement from Kinco I never got the correct item. No wonder they went out of business. Thank the Lord for you and your company.
Have a great day.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)