SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How to remove Milgard Staionary Panel?

A home owner from USA says:
In order to replace rollers on my Milgard sliding patio door, it appears that I need to first remove the stationary panel in order to swing the bottom of slider out over the shorter edge of the (classic) vinyl door frame. Can you provide a description of the removal process or the mechanisms employed to retain the panel?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, check out the video below. I think you might find this helpful.
A professional from California says:
I live in California, and I have never seen a Milgard vinyl door that was designed to be removed from outside. Check for anti-removal blocks in the header. Raise the rollers as high as they will go. Some doors are really squeezed in there. You may need a wide putty knife to help slip the rollers over the inside leg. Sometimes it takes more than 1 person. 2 to lift and one to pry? Be careful not to bend vinyl too far, It seems flexible, but it snaps like glass if you bend it too far. I would be interested in seeing the shorter edge of your door. It may exist, but not on any I've seen. Please post pictures.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)