How to remove pivot shoe

A handy person from Maryland says:
Pivot shoe is damaged on 25 year old double hung aluminum tilt window. Problem is to remove pivot shoe. There is a black plastic insert held by a screw which is quite stubborn and will not allow me to remove pivot shoe. Is there a way to remove old shoe without dislodging this plastic strip or do I have to remove strip to remove the shoe and install the new one? Of course screw comes out of strip but strip is stubborn. The bottom window slides up and down on this strip. The best I can measure of shoe is 1 7/8" hi x 1" wide x 3/8" thick as your 15-045 is. Bottom line is how to safely dislodge plastic strip without damaging top window so I can remove shoe. Thanks for your help and interest. Al
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what that strip is, actually. Based on your first picture, though, it looks like you should be able to raise your shoe up to the cutout and pop it out. I don't see anything in the first picture that would prevent the shoe from being removed.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.