How to repair my window.

A home owner from Bartonsville, PA says:
Hello,

My window won't stay up and my local carpenter told me that the "coil" is broken and I need to find a replacement.

Unfortunately the window doesn't have a brand name, and I looked everywhere.

Attached is a picture of the part I need.

Do you know what brand of window I have? Do you have a suitable replacement part?

Your help would be appreciated,

Daina
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, if your window cannot stay up then it's a problem with the balance. We don't need to know the brand name to identify the part. You took a picture of the right thing, but much of it is obscured and I cannot make it out. If you can, please take a clear picture of the entire balance mechanism, especially the pivot shoe. Please do not include the ruler. Thanks!
Thank you Tom for your reply.

I took a picture of the balance from another identical
window, a balance that is not broken. Two photos are attached, top and bottom.

If you can tell me what kind to get, I will purchase a bunch of them to replace on all my windows.

Thanks.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I still cannot make out the pivot shoe, but I think your coil spring and pivot shoe have been replaced by the manufacturer with the 15-140 shoe and Series 150 springs. See what you think.
Thanks for the information.

I will order these parts and see what happens.

Daina
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.