SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How to replace metal cam on shoe

A quick learner says:
How do I install metal cam only with out replacing entire shoe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Actually, the 15-124 metal cam is meant only for our 15-106 & 15-107 pivot lock shoes. They do not go with any other pivot shoe in our catalog. Are those the shoes you have? If not, you will not be able to simply replace the cam; you will have to replace the whole pivot shoe. I'd be more than happy to help you find a replacement, I would just need to see a few pictures.

Please make sure to take a look at our tutorial video which details the best way to remove your pivot shoe from your window.
A quick learner says:
How will I know what shoe to purchase? Joe I
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, to start your search, I would browse through our Tilt Window Replacement Pivot Lock Shoes category and see if you can find one that matches your current hardware. If you can't find a match, please remove the pivot shoe from the window an take a few pictures for me to look at. I will also need to know what the shoe's thickness and width are. Once I have that information, I can work from there!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)