How to replace threaded rivnut (62-022)

A handy person from Illinois says:
Hello,
I have a wooden screen door which was made using your hardware. The door has 14 rivnuts installed that provide anchor points for the screws and clips that hold in the screen/glass.

Unfortunately, the threading on one of the rivnuts has been damaged somehow, and it is no longer possible to thread the screw into the rivnut.

I have already submitted an order for some replacement rivnuts, and I hoping you would share the best way to remove/replace the damaged rivnut already in position in the wooden door.

Thank you

PS: Well, there were actually two rivnuts that had become damaged, but one of them had already become loose in its mounting hole on the wood frame; so that one I really had little choice and just removed it and refilled the hole with some toothpicks and glue into which I will redrill a mounting hole for the replacement rivnut. I was hoping you would be able to suggest a "cleaner" method for replacing the other rivnut.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your inquiry. The 62-022 Rivnuts are not made to be removed once installed. You could try to install a screw into the threads and possibly pry it out with a type of flat bar or a claw hammer. You might be better off putting putty over the old hole and drill a new hole above it or below it. Check out the video listed on the right. Let us know how this works for you.
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.