SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

How would the 58-022 hold up on a boat?

A quick learner says:
is the tape on one side of the 58-022 for sticking to sliding glass windows or wood trim on screen frames?
I am interested in sealing sliding glass windows on a boat and I need to (1) seal between the screen frame and the fixed glass and (2) seal between the fixed glass and the sliding glass (to keep both bugs and water out as best as possible).
Please let me know what would work best under this circumstances and for this use.
Thx,

victor
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Victor, the 58-022 Wool Pile does not have "tape", or any kind of adhesive for that matter, on the base of the pile. The only wool pile we carry with an adhesive backing is the 58-026, which is actually slightly smaller than the 58-022- both in height and base width.

As for whether or not it will work on a boat; I'm not quite sure. Our experts here have only really used it on the metal framing of a screen, and aren't really sure if it would keep much water out. If you do decide to use a wool pile, however, be sure to install it on a clean surface. We recommend using an alcohol based solvent when cleaning.
A quick learner says:
Does it come in a thicker wool piling, say 3/8 or 5/16 inch?
Profile picture of Mike
Are you referring to the 58-026 wool pile with the stick-on base?
A quick learner says:
Correct, the one with the stick-on side/base.
Profile picture of Mike
The 58-026 is currently the only stick-on wool pile we carry.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)