SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I can't find this weatherstripping for my door anywhere!

A home owner from Tuscon, Ariz. says:

I've been looking for replacement weatherstripping for my sliding glass patio doors. I haven't been able to identify the brand of door, but the townhouse was built in 1984. The profile and measurements of the weatherstrip are shown in the attached. The full height of the door is 80", so the gasket should be about the same (visible glass size is 75-1/4" x 33-1/8"). The gasket is dark brown vinyl and slides into the frame of the operating door (the edge of the frame needs to be unscrewed for this).

I've asked in several local hardware and glass repair stores (chain and independent) and looked quite a bit online, including your web site, and haven't been able to find it. Do you have any information or know where I can find this? (I was told by the local glass place and by Home Depot that quite a few people have asked about this same type of gasket, but with no luck.)

Thank you for any help!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. It appears that the closest weatherstripping we have is our 59-050 replacement Window Screen Bug Flap. The leg that slips in the groove for that is 3/16" wide. Please compare it to your existing stripping and see if you think it will work.
A home owner from Ariz. says:
It really looks like a close match. (After reading other discussions, I realize the long edge could easily have originally been 3/4", since it shrunk in length quite a bit, it would make sense that it shrunk in width, too.) I'll have to take the door apart to make sure the slight lip (overhang?) won't be a problem. (On this one the profile is vaguely I-beam shaped, the one it's replacing is more J-shaped...that'd be a capital "J" in a serif font, with the top cross bar!)

The only other issue is the color--any chance this comes in a darker color?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we only offer the 59-050 in white at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)