SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I need 4 new channel balances

A contractor from cape coral, FL says:
I have a 30" metal dual spring channel (part #2926DSL) and I matched the top and bottom pieces from your guide Top #19-005 Bottom 15-050 I will also need 4 #18-185 sash carriers. Can you help me?
Mark
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think we can help, yes. Could you just confirm the weight of the sash? Can you also tell me how many of these you will need? Once I have that information I can send you a custom balance order form and price quote.
A contractor from Cape Coral FL says:
The window-sash weighs 43 pounds. I have two windows so I need 4 balances. I only really need 3 but I think it might be out of balance if I don't get 2 of the same kind.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! I agree, you should replace all four. That way the new balance won't have to work extra hard to pick up the older balance's slack. I'll email you a custom order link and price quote for this hardware. We should go with the 2975 stamp for all four; two balances with this stamp can carry a sash weight of 42 through 45 pounds, which is ideal for your window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)