SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I need a new latch set for my storm door, and have a part number from Pella

A handy person from Wynantskill, NY says:
I contacted Pella a few months ago when the latch on my storm door started to fail, but never got around to replacing it, but it broke completely yesterday, so I have to do something about it now.

The door is not a Pella, but is a Cole Sewell Estate Series storm door that was already installed on my house when I bought it 8 years ago, so I don't know its actual age. ES332770 is the serial number. My guess is it is from the 1990's. The latch has a knob on the outside and a left facing handle on the inside. The lock is separate, above the handle bracket.

I've included a composite photo of the part(s) both in and removed from the door, with a ruler next to them for measurement.

Pella told me that their part number that would fit for a replacement was #20278307 . Unfortunately, they only have it in brass, and I would prefer a black handle set, so hopefully you'll have one that will work.

I actually do not need the latch part, as that works fine and I do have the key, but whatever comes with the kit is fine.

Thanks very much, I appreciate your help with this.

User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have a few suggestions. If you only need to replace your inside lever handle, take a look at the 40-145. It work as a lever for the outside handle and it pushes on the inside to release it from the keeper. It has the same 1-3/4" hole centers, but check your existing spindle in the handle to confirm it matches; the 40-145 take a 3/16" spindle. Another option would be the 40-177 lever handle set complete.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)