I need another 3/16"

A home owner from Virginia says:
I just bought the 82-244 mortise lock and keeper.
My handle set is working perfectly, and everything about this mortise is perfect, EXCEPT: the keyway is not set back far enough into the door. My tumbler has to pull way over to the side to reach the keyway, which means it will break if I actually use it.
I need it to be another 3/16 farther in. Do you have an option for that?
User submitted a photo of a door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Would you happen to have the old mortise lock available? If so, I'd like to see a picture of it so that we can find a better match.
A quick learner says:
No, I don't have the old lock. It looks exactly the same as the one ordered, with all of the exact dimensions, except for the depth, which is not shown on your web site, so I assumed it was a standard measurement. I feel confident that anything between 1/8" to 1/4" deeper would work. Thank you for your help to find the right lock.

The picture below shows the difference from the original lock and the one purchased. The original lock has more depth in the part that goes flush inside the sliding door. Can you get me the right latch? Thanks, Livio
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It looks like the only difference is in the face plate itself. I'm afraid we haven't been able to find a face plate that better matches your dimensions, but if you still have the old one, could you re-use it with the new lock?
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.