I need help identifying this coil balance

A professional from Fuquay-Varina, NC says:
I have seen spiral, block and tackle , channel balances but this is my first experience with "coil balances". The attached pics are the parts that basically fell out if the window channel. Once identified I will order them from you guys.

Thanks,

Buzz
User submitted photos of coil window balance parts.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Buzz, good to see you again. Let's start by first identifying the shoe. For this kind of balance, you can usually determine everything else once you've figured out what the shoe is. In your case, I think it looks very similar to our 15-180. Carefully compare the dimensions to your own shoe and see if you agree.

If so, you should also consider our Series 190 coil spring, 15-186 coil clip and finally our 15-182 coil bushing. Let me know what you think!
A professional from Fuquay Varina NC says:
Hi Paul,

The parts you are suggesting all appear to be what I need. The 15-180, 15-186 and 15-182.. but.. I do not see a stamp on the broken spring I have... can you tell me where to look for it or how else I might determine which series 190 coil spring I need to go along with the rest of the parts?

Thanks,

Buzz
Profile picture of Paul
Sure. If there isn't any stamp on your existing springs, then give me the weight of the sash and I can try to work out what would be best.
A professional from Fuquay Varina, NC says:
Hi Paul,

I wasn't able to weigh the sash but it is ~33" tall by ~28' wide.. with a double pane IGU. Do me a favor and just give it your best educated guess which spring I need since there is no stamp on the broken one I have.

Thanks,

Buzz

Profile picture of Paul
Based on that information, the best guess I can give you is your sash weighs 14 pounds. With that in mind, I recommend our S190-740.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.