SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I need Weather Craft replacement Parts

A handy person from Colorado Springs, Colorado says:
I need a 3" Pivot Bar, Weather Craft and also the Pivot Lock Shoe for this part. I need two of each.

Can you tell me which Pivot Lock Shoe I need for the 3" Pivot Bar, Weather Craft?

I would prefer to order by phone . Do you have a toll free number I can call you on?
A handy person from Colorado Springs, Colorado says:
I sent in an inquiry regarding a 3" Pivot Bar, Weather Craft and a Pivot Lock Shoe.

The 3" Pivot Bar, Weather Craft which I have only has two holes.
The first hole is situated 1-3/8 inches from the head of the Pivot Bar and the second hole is located 2 inches from the head of the Pivot Bar.

The Pivot Bar is twisted slightly so that may sway the measurements slightly.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Take a look at the 26-083 tilt bar. This tilt bar has the two holes you mention and the holes seem to line up to your measurements, but the bar is only 2-1/2" long.

If you would like, reply back to this thread with some pictures of your hardware and I can take a look at exactly what you have.
A handy person from colorado springs, colorado says:
I took a measurement on my 3" pivot bar and the bolt goes in the first hole from the head which is 1-3/8"

If the first hole on your 3" pivot bar which I referred too in my first inquiry is 1-3/8" from the head, then your pivot bar will work on my window. I also need to know if you have a pivot lock shoe which will work with the pivot bar in question.

Thanks
User submitted photo of pivot bar
I may have given you some wrong information regarding my pivot bar.

I told you that the hole where the small bolt which secures the pivot bar to the window was 1-3/8 inches. I did not allow for the pivot bar extending to the pivot lock shoe.

Therefore, the second hole in my 3 inch pivot bar is 2 inches from the head of my pivot bar. I believe this is where the small bolt goes to secure the pivot bar to the window.

Please let me know if your pivot bar and your pivot lock shoe will work so I can order them. Just give me the part numbers.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It looks like you're using the first hole. If that's the case, I believe the Swisco 26-352 Pivot Bar might work.
I am using the second hole which is 2 inches from the head of the pivot bar.

Please tell me which pivot bar you have that has a hole 2 inches from the head of the pivot bar.

Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
Take a look at SWISCO product 26-272, Weathercraft Pivot Bar. This pivot bar has an installation hole that sits on 2" from the end.
Also look at SWISCO product code 26-241, this 3" pivot bar also has an installation hole 2" in.
The measurements you referred too for item 26-272 Weathercraft pivot bar are not correct. The first hole is 1" from the end, the 2nd hole is 1-3/8" from the end, and the 3rd hole is 1-5/8" from the end.

The next one you referred too (item 26241) does not have the same end as the picture I provided you. The end does not have two goose necks.
Donna, disregard my previous reponse to you. The item you referred to me has the correct dimensions. I was wrong. The third hole is 2" from the end of the pivot bar.

My apologies.

Thanks,
Danny
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Danny,
The 26-272 pivot bar does look good replacement and is noted Weathercraft. I saw in the first post you mentioned it was a Weather Craft window, so it seems like a good choice. Please, let us know how make out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)