SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I need spiral balance and connector pieces

A quick learner from Youngsville says:
I posted two pictures. One of the end of the balance with the part that looks like its part of the balance. The other is the boot under the sash. Can you help me find what i need.

The balance is 41 inches long and 3/8. It has a green tip. My windows don't seem to come off like all the videos i have seen.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I recognize this balance, however it will have to be custom made for you. Before I can begin, can you just confirm that the length of the tube is 41"? If so, take a look at this Custom Spiral Balance Order Form and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a quote.

As for the boot, I'm afraid that I don't recognize it. Could I maybe see a few pictures of it removed from the window?
A handy person from Youngsville La says:
I could not take the part off. I will try again this week. Could i use a different balance with a different boot? Yes i measured it from metal end to metal end and it was 41 inches. I will do that one more time though. Can you give me a price of the balance also?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think you may, yes! I can custom make a Series 400 spiral balance with that length and no special shoe, which you could try using with our 17-031 bracket. Take a look at our guide below to see how this might work for you.

If you're interested, take a look at this new Custom Spiral Balance Order Form for a Series 400 and fill out the rest of the information. When you do, we will contact you with a price quote and you can decide what to do from there.
A handy person from Youngsville la says:
I did manage to get the boot off. Here is a couple pictures of it.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I still don't recognize it. I'd be happy to try to research it for you, but in the meantime, how do you think the Series 400 would work with the 17-031 bracket?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)