SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I need to replace the Caldwell balances on one of my windows

A home owner from Bend, OR says:
Help! I've become one of those people with a piece of wood holding my window open. The length of my existing balance (just the metal) is 27" and the width is
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385.

Now, as you can see, the only difference between these two Series is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
As for the top sash guide, see our 18-171 and see if this can work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)