I think I have a stormKing 440, 9-1/2" long

A distributor says:
Hi I just need a confirmation on a dimension

I have two storm king units that measure 9 1/2 inches in length. Are these units the 440 or are they some obscure one of a kind. Will the 440 replacements with the 9 inche lengths work??

thanks
User submitted picture stormKing 440 door opener and closer.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The Storm King closer was one of the best made. Before you go and replace them, I recommend that you try to lubricate them first. You would be surprised what a little oil or WD40 will do.

That said, the closest replacement closer we have is our 40-079. The tube length is 9", though, which means you may need to drill new installation holes. Take note that the closer, storm door bracket, and jamb bracket lengths might come out the same.
A quick learner says:
will that keep the door from slamming shut
It would, but keep in mind that you should try applying lubricant to your current storm door closer first. It may still work. You may also want to turn the adjustment screw located toward the door, at the end of closer.
A home owner from Leeds, Alabama says:
I have a Storm King 440 door closer, a picture of which is attached. Mine looks different than the otehr ones I have seen on your site. It has started slamming shut. Any ideas about what to do? I hav etried turning the screw at the end away from the boxy apparatus. Do not understand where to apply WD-40.
A customer submitted photo of a storm door closer.

If you need to lubricate the closer, I would spray the rod that comes out of the back end of the closer. However, I don't believe that your problem is that the door is having trouble closing; if anything, your door is closing too fast. Now, you said you turned the adjustment screw on the end of the closer. You said you loosened the adjustment screw., but you should have to tighten the screw to slow it down. Turn the screw clockwise.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.