SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I think I need the whole lock assembly. Not sure.

A quick learner from Iowa says:
This is on a door on a condo in Hawaii. It has become very hard to open and the last renter broke off the handle as you can see in this photo.

I'm guessing I need the entire assembly or something that can replace it. This one has a key lock but that isn't needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jim O
User submitted a photo of a security door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jim, thanks for posting. Take a look at our 40-186. Could you use this as a replacement?
A handy person from Iowa says:
Thanks Tom,

That looks like it is the correct replacement. I'm having someone over in Hawaii check on the dimensions etc. and if it matches, I will order one. We won't be able to install if for a few months however. They told me the current lock was hard to operate and therefore a guest broke the handle off. Now the local screen door tech has just replaced the handle so I am concerned that it isn't going to last until we can change out the entire lock assembly.

Best regards, Jim
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)