SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Old Operator ID

A handy person from Atlanta says:
Sorry. My handyman sent only one pic. I can try to get more but can you identify this? Metal casement windows built in 1947 in Atlanta. Thanks.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Could you show us a clear picture of the installation holes? Can you also give me the spacing of the holes? If you have four installation holes, please give us the distance between the two inner holes and then the two outer holes. Thanks!
A quick learner from Atlanta says:
3 holes only. 3 1/2" to one and 4 3/8" to the other (see photo).

10 1/2" from joint to end of arm. One window is smaller about 8" arm. Does it matter?

User submitted photos of a window operator.
A quick learner from Atlanta says:
I saw the older thread where a couple of people were describing what I'm pretty sure I have. The recommendation was to use the Thorn but replace the track. Are you saying the disc on the Thorn won't fit in the existing track? Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I believe the newer style 39-003 and 39-004 Thorn operators are the closest match to your hardware.

Let's talk about whether or not you have to change the track. Now, the round disk at the end of the 39-003 and 39-004 has a diameter of the 9/16", and the height from the bottom of the arm to the top of the round disk is 5/16". See if that matches you arm end. If not, you might need to replace the track. You could try the newer operators on your old track first, just in case, then order the new tracks if they don't work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)