SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

IWC Sliding Door Handles

A home owner from Los angeles, CA says:
Looking to purchase a replacement for our broken door handle. The handle is made by IWC. The length between the 2 middle screws is 4 inches. Hope you have the same and comparable so that I could purchase.
A customer submitted photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for contacting our Discussion Board. Your hardware appears similar to our 82-069 Sliding Glass Door Handle Set. Please take a look and compare it to your own handle. Do the dimensions match up? Do you think you can get our 82-069 to work as a substitute? Let me know!
A home owner from Honolulu says:
We also have an IWC door but instead of the handle needing replacement it is the lock mechanism that is broken. As you can see from the attached photos our door is dark brown and the handle is black. If you have this mechanism please let us know.
Thanks!
Dave
User submitted photos of their IWC door handle set
Profile picture of Donna
Thanks for your patience! We are currently working on a black version of this handle. I will post again in this thread as soon as I have more information available.
Profile picture of Donna
Please revisit SWISCO product code 82-069, Sliding Patio Handle Set, now offered in the color black.
A handy person from Kailua Kona HI says:
broken handle kailua kona hi
User submitted a photo of a door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I have placed you into an existing thread concerning this type of handle. As you can see, we have suggested the 82-069 as a possible replacement. Please compare it to your existing handle set and see what you think.
A home owner from Chandler, AZ says:
I need the lever for an IWC sliding glass door. The color is tan (see pictures)
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We were unable to find this exact handle in beige, but we were able to find something similar in an almond color. We will work on it in the meantime and will let you know when it is online and available to view. You can then decide if you want to go with it or not.
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, please see our new 82-041 and see if you think this could be a match.
A home owner from Los Angeles, CA says:
I also have an IWC sliding patio door where the C-shaped handle is broken and with the locking mechanism (the "cartridge") also failed to operate.

My local LOWES store had ordered the necessary parts for me from the "NEW" IWC company who declined to honor any prior warranties.

I tried to dig out the "cartridge" with all tools that I have but had no luck.

Any suggestions on my case?

Otherwise I will refund all the parts back to LOWES and consider replacing the whole patio door set.

User submitted a photo of a patio door lock.
Profile picture of Tom
This mortise lock appears very similar to our 82-227. Compare it to your hardware and let me know how well they match.
A home owner from Los Angeles, CA says:
Thanks for the reply Tom.

I checked with my neighbor who had the doors locking mechanism ("the cartridge) broken on both of his patio doors.

He told me the only way to fix the problem is to replace the whole patio door since IWC locks are not replaceable and as I mentioned in my inquiry above, I was UNABLE to take out the mortise lock due to the blockage from the longer metal piece bolted into the door frame in front of it.

Have you heard anything about that before?

Thanks.

Profile picture of Tom
I think I see what you're talking about. That is weird. Could you remove it with a pair of needle-nose pliers? That should be a screw way.
A professional from California says:
82-069 should work just fine.
82-227 is 2 parts - a plate and a cartridge.
I can see that the plate may not come out of the channel, but I find it hard to believe that it won't slide up or down enough to remove the cartridge.
1) Use a screwdriver to retract the lock.
2) Slide the plate down (or up?)
(It may need nudging with a screwdriver and hammer)
3) The cartridge should fall out.

A professional from California says:
Of course, I should have mentioned, keep the screwdriver in the cartridge to keep it from falling straight down. Forward and down is good. straight down is bad.
A handy person from Santa Rosa California says:
The cartridge is removable, but yes it will fall down inside the door. You need to take the door off the tracks and (carefully) tilt it until you can get the cartridge out. It's heavy (!) and you might need a helper. I've repaired and replaced ours twice. It all works, but it's not a great design. Now I need to replace the latch handle...
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)