SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

IWC sliding glass door handle replacement

A quick learner from Modesto, CA says:
I have an IWC sliding glass door handle. It is "D" shaped and roughly 9" overall length. Has 2 mounting screws 3-15/16 spacing. The lock mechanism doesn't enguage with the locking handle and the metal mounting base is beginning to crack. What parts do I need to replace this? Regards,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, right off the bat it sounds like you might have a problem with your mortise lock. If the thumb lever for your handle set isn't engaging then that is likely the culprit. A good way to confirm is to remove the handle from the door completely and attempt to throw the mortise lock manually, perhaps with a screwdriver. That will tell you for sure if it's operating properly or not. We can recommend a replacement, but I would need to see a few pictures of it first.

As for the handle, start with our 82-069. This is similar to what you've described, but see what you think.
A quick learner from Modesto CA says:
Here are three Pictures. The thumb lever is engaged but the latch stays inside the latch housing. It does lock but I have to pick it out of the housing every time. So I will need the handle and the latch insert assembly.
Regards, Trent
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we only received one picture, and I'm not able to make a recommendation based on this alone. That said, could you use the 82-069 Tom suggested? This has been known to work on IWC doors. How do its measurements compare to yours?
A quick learner from Modesto, CA says:
Hi Paul,
Yes I'm sure that the 82-069 will work for the handle but I will need a part number for the lock insert. I resent the two pictures that didn't go the first time. Hopefully you can make a call on it. If not, I will disassemble it and try to get a better picture for you.
Regards, Trent
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for getting back to us. I'm unfamiliar with the term lock insert. Could you mean the mortise lock? See our 82-218 to start, I think this might be a good match. We also have a helpful video.
A quick learner says:
My parts came in quickly. They fit perfectly and were installed seconds. Thanks!
Trent
Profile picture of Paul
That's great to hear! Thanks again for ordering with us and let me know if you ever need anything else.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)