SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Ideal storm door handle without key

A home owner from ELKINS PARK, PENNSYLVANIA says:
I AM LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT STORM DOOR HANDLE FOR A HANDLE THAT IS APPROXIMATELY 25 YEARS OLD AND HAS THE NAME "IDEAL" ON THE PUSHBUTTON.

MY HANDLE IS ALMOST IDENTICAL IN APPEARANCE TO, AND THE DIMENSIONS APPEAR TO MATCH, YOUR PRODUCT CODE 40-142 - EXCEPT THAT MY HANDLE DOES NOT HAVE A KEY AND DEADBOLT - THE BOTTOM HOLE SIMPLY HAS A LARGE SCREW.

DO YOU HAVE A SIMILAR HANDLE WITHOUT THE KEY AND DEADBOLT?

ALSO, MY INSIDE HANDLE IS 1 1/4" WIDE - IT APPEARS THAT YOUR INSIDE HANDLES ARE NOT QUITE AS WIDE - DID I MISS ONE ON YOUR WEBSITE OR, IF NOT, IS THERE A WAY TO USE A NARROWER HANDLE WITHOUT HAVING TO DRILL NEW HOLES IN THE DOOR?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for posting. Please take a look at our newly added Swisco 40-156 Pushbutton Latch Set. Unlike the Swisco 40-142, the 40-156 does not have a keyed deadbolt at the bottom, instead it has a screw hole. However, the 40-156 does not include a deadbolt.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)