Identification

A home owner from Henderson,TN says:
Hi, I have just ordered two parts from you that I hope will fit. My question though is: Are the replacement windows still available somewhere and do you know who that Manufacturer G-163-1 is? Can't find it anywhere. If these windows are not available anymore, would you happen to know who has windows that can be used in stead of these windows, so in the same existing frame?
Kind regards, Ellen
sticker
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ellen. I'm afraid that sticker does not tell us who made your window. If you need new sashes because of fogged or broken glass, you could have a local glass shop simply replace the insulated glass panes.
A home owner says:
Hi Paul, I thought that the MFGR code G-163-1 stood for the manufacturer. And yes, we have once tried to have someone put a new pane in a window. He completely messed up and we ended up paying over $2000 to have the entire window set in that room replaced by window world. Any idea if there's any way to identify these windows??? Thanks. Ellen
Profile picture of Paul
The AAMA sticker usually clues us in on who made it, but yours unfortunately does not. It only tells us that your window passed the test for HUD. The manufacturer code provided, G-163-1, returned no results. It could be that whoever made this window has been out of business for a long time.
A home owner from Henderson,TN says:
Hi Paul, your parts 26-243 : Tilt Window Latch, Left Hand and 26-244 : Tilt Window Latch, Right Hand, were a perfect fit for these windows. Do you think it would be a good move to order some more of them just in case? Or can you tell me that these will be available for the coming years?
Ellen.
Profile picture of Paul
Hey, Ellen. Glad to hear they worked out so well! As for whether you should order more in the future, it's up to you. These have been around for a long time and I don't see them being discontinued anytime soon, but in this industry you never know what's going to happen.
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.